The Central Fire Station rehabilitation appears stalled.
Frankly, it has been stalled and then started, like a car with a gummed up fuel line since it began more than a year ago.
Fire Chief Anthony Carli bemoaned the situation before the city council Monday night.
He explained how the contractor has yet to keep to a timeline.
He is hoping the $2 million project will be completed by April when it was supposed to be completed last October.
Carli appeared before the city council to speak of the necessity for an additional $141,000 to complete the project.
The city council approved the money but what was not explained fully by the chief is how a contractor has held the city hostage for months and months redoing what is arguably the single most important structure in the city – the Central Fire Station.
Not only has the road next to the fire station been closed, but the front bays of the station itself has been wrapped in a canvas and all but inaccessible for more than a year.
More than 200 men, women and children, the friends of the late Thaddeus Baxter, attended a fundraising event for his family.
About 50 fire fighters with their spouses and girlfriends or family members and friends of the Baxter’s got together en masse at the American Legion Hall 101 in Woburn for the evening affair which took place Saturday.